This easy-to-make treat is made by mixing melted you favorite cannabis chocolate with your favorite cereal, resulting in a crunchy and delicious bark that’s perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings. Whether it’s a snack for yourself or a delightful gift for someone special, this chocolate cereal bark is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Whoever said cereal is only for kids hasn’t seen our collection of all the pebbles cereals you can think of. Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, Rice Crispy, you name it – we’re stocked up for those midnight cravings.
But if you want to take those nostalgic hits to new heights, this is the recipe for you. Our Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Cereal Bark is a great way to combine your favorite childhood flavors with some delicious edibles from Hennep dispensary.
The best part about this recipe is that it is so basic and versatile that you can make it your own in a million different ways. We’ll give you our favorite combination as well as suggestions to mix and match your favorite flavors.
What is chocolate bark?
Chocolate bark is a type of sweet treat that is made by melting chocolate and then spreading it out into a thin layer on a baking sheet or parchment paper. Once the chocolate has been spread out, it is typically topped with various ingredients such as nuts, dried fruits, candy pieces, cookies, or other sweets.
The toppings are pressed lightly into the melted chocolate, and then the chocolate bark is allowed to cool and harden. Once hardened, the bark can be broken into irregular pieces or shards, resembling the bark of a tree, hence the name “chocolate bark.”
With all the different types of cannabis-infued chocolates out there, it’s easy to see that this is the perfect recipe to elevate with edibles. It can be made with various types of chocolate, including dark, milk, or white chocolate, so literally any cannabis brand you can think of could be included.
It is a simple and customizable dessert that can be tailored to suit different tastes and occasions. Plus, it makes a great homemade gift or party treat!
If you’re a sweet tooth and love to consume cannabis chocolates, you’ll also love our No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars and Chocolate Lava Cake Edibles recipes.
How to Make the Best Cannabis Chocolate Cereal Bark
In this Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Cereal Bark recipe, we’re using a 100 mg Incredibles Peanut Butter Buddha Bar and white chocolate and topping it with peanut butter and Cocoa Pebbles.
The Buddha Bar has savory pretzels, decaden chocolate and peanut butter, and promotes calm and relaxation as well as a happy and energetic mood.
However, as we mentioned before this is an extremely versatile recipe. Here are some chocolate edibles you could use in place of the Peanut Butter Buddha Bar if you want to experiment a little:
Remember, when swapping out our recommended edibles chocolate, be careful of the dosage you melt down and add to your treats. When in doubt, start low and take smaller amounts before slowly increasing what you add to your cannabis-infused recipes.
You can always ask our in-store budtenders for their recommendations as well. At Hennep, our staff knows each of our products extremely well, so they can help you adjust your recipe and ingredients accordingly.
A great way to balance out the taste of THC can be by mixing in some non-infused chocolate to your Chocolate Cereal Bark. You can blend any edibles with additional melted chocolate chips of your choice, including:
- • Milk chocolate
- • Semi-sweet chocolate
- • Dark chocolate
- • White chocolate
Lastly, there’s the toppings. This is arguably the most fun part! We chose to use just one cereal and a peanut butter in this Cannabis Chocolate Bark recipe, but you can add literally anything you can think of. Some ideas to make this your own include:
- • Cereal of choice
- • Nut butter of choice
- • Honey, agave, and/or maple syrup
- • Nuts of choice
- • Dried fruits of choice
- • Granola
Just think of the possibilities!
We encourage you to get creative with this recipe and try out different combinations to make this your own. That’s the best way to enjoy a sweet treat like this one.
If you make this Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Cereal Bark recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram (@shophennep) and show us how it turned out!
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 2+ hours
- • 3.5 tablespoons butter
- • 1 peanut butter buddha bar (100mg)
- • 1 cup white chocolate chips
- • ½ cup peanut butter
- • 2 tablespoons glucose syrup (optional – You can also use agave or honey)
- • 2 cups Cocoa Pebbles cereal (or regular rice crispy cereal)
- • ½ cup peanut butter
- • ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Line a loaf tin (or any baking dish) with parchment paper.
- Add butter, chocolate, peanut butter, and glucose to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between rounds with a rubber spatula until thoroughly melted and combined. The pretzel pieces will make the mixture look chunky.
- Working quickly while chocolate is still melted, stir the melted chocolate into the rice crispy cereal.
- Once combined, immediately pour into the lined loaf tin. Press the mixture into the pan with spatula until flat.
- Let set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- (Optional) Melt the chocolate and peanut butter together in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments. Pour onto crispy cereal mixture and let cool until hardened.
- Once completely cooled, slice into desired dosage pieces (~100mg/serving) and let come to room temperature.