Inspired by: https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/coconut-macaroons.html?recipe_print=yes
Soft and chewy on the inside, crisp and golden on the outside — these are the perfect coconut macaroons.
Servings: 26 macaroons
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
** Dosing depends on chocolate used.
THC & CBD Per Macaroon: Between 3.5-4 mg each
- 1 14-oz bag sweetened flaked coconut, such as Baker’s Angel Flake (see note)
- ⅞ cup sweetened condensed milk (see note below on measurement)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 infused chocolate bar – we recommend foreplay 1:1 sensual chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Then, fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Using two spoons, form heaping tablespoons of the mixture into mounds onto a baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back, until the tops and edges are golden. Transfer to a wire cooling rack until cool.
- Melt down infused chocolate bar in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Stir in between until smooth.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the chocolate, letting any excess drip back into the bowl, and place back on the baking sheet.
- Place the macaroons in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set
- Once cool, enjoy! Start with one macaroon and see how you feel after 1-2 hours.